Oct. 12, 2012
Have lots of camping experience as a counselor? Ready to train the next generation of superstar Jacobs' staff? This is the ticket for you!
The Gesher Director is the lead trainer and resource for our Gesher (Staff in Training) program.
- Prior camping and/or administrative experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; can manage multiple people and projects at once.
- Ability to work with a teenage population; attuned to their needs, skills and boundaries.
- Able to transmit the foundational values and skills for Counselors In Training.
- Understanding of camp programming, its goals, audiences, techniques, etc.
- Preference given to a candiate who holds an American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification.
The Gesher Director's role falls into two areas of camp:
Training our Staff in Training paraticipants:
- In conjunction with the Camp Director and Assistant Director, plan and implement Gesher orientation sessions and a full summer CIT training program that occurs at least once a day.
- Include and utilize camp staff and visiting professionals in Gesher training sessions and programs.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director and Program Director, help brainstorm, develop and implement evening-time activities and programming for the Gesher that occur at least twice a week.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director help brainstorm, develop and implement evening-time activities and programming for the staff.
- In collaboration with the Program Director plan and implement all camp programs such as Maccabiah, America Fest, 4th of July, and other special programs.
- Oversees a Gesher created and implemented Letter Day series of "skits" during letter day.
- Oversees the collection of mail from each camper cabin.
- Possibly train Gesher participants to be Red Cross certified Lifeguards.
- Manage the setup and implementation of ongiong all-staff education.
Designated Supervisor: Assistant Director.