Department Educator - Sports and Adventure
Sep. 24, 2010
Responsible for integrating Jewish content and messaging into the daily activities of the Sports and Adventure Departments. Works closely with the Department Heads and department staff to empower everyone to help trasmit values and ideas consistent with the educational theme of the summer.
- Jewish educational experience; Graduate student in a Jewish field of study preffered. Undergraduate with a Jewish studies track and professional educational experience is acceptable.
- Ability to manage two different concurrent programs tracks and staff.
- Strong, clear, direct communication skills.
- Able to take direction and work with the educational theme established by the Camp Director and Director of Jewish Life and Learning.
- In conjunction with the Camp Director, and his designates, play an active role in helping to shape the vision for Jewish education at camp.
- In concert with the Department Head, identify ways in which to include Jewish teachings and values in the daily programming for the campers. Help the Department Head and department staff implement these techniques. Foster an ongoing system of feedback in order to create the most engaging and effective education structure for our campers.
- Take direction from the Director of Jewish Life and Learning
- Work with faculty leading up to the summer session to lay out programmatic goals for each department
- In concert with the Department Head, integrate visiting faculty into the daily programming.
Designated Supervisor: Education Director