Sep. 24, 2010
Runs any all-camp programming, manages any staff paperwork, and assists the Assistant Director.
Summer Program Director- Responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing any all-camp programs and staff scheduling. Manages and updates the summer master calendar, including communication to staff about important. Supplements the Assistant Director in various areas and programs of camp when necessary and manages the summer program “Bible.”
- Prior camping or administrative experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Ability to manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing information.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of camp programming, its goals, audiences, techniques, etc.
The Program Director's job can be split into two areas:
1. Department Programming and Staff Development
- Supervise Department Heads in their planning, schedule and staff management, and evening program implementation.
- Be present at Speciality camps and chugim in order to provide the best feedback and support for Department Heads.
- Train and coach Department heads to be outstanding instructors and help them train their staff to be successful instructors.
- Manage a camper program satisfaction system (hand out surveys, gather and sort data, communitate the info to the appropriate staff.)
2. Staff Scheduling and Communication
- Ensures all staff paperwork is turned in prior to the first day of camper arrival.
- Setup, hand out and manage staff unit/dept preferences, day off requests, cabin shimra and all camp nikayon assignments.
- In collaboration with and in support of the Assistant Director, will help develop and distribute staff assignments, program and operations schedules, and more.
- Assists when necessary with Gesher and all-staff education.
Designated Supervisor: Assistant Director.