Performing Arts Specialist (In-Cabin)
Sep. 22, 2010
Responsible for assisting in the daily programming and teaching of performance art activities in the Arts department. Prior experience in acting, music performance or dance is recommended.
- Prior experience in any of the following areas: musical theory, musical performance, drama, acting, musical theather, improv or dance.
- Prior experience recommened in outlining and teaching in any of the above technical skill areas.
- Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of presentation to campers.
- Spend 4 of the 5 daily activity periods leading and teaching performance Art content to either speciality camps or chugim rotations.
- Support the Arts department head in their brainstorming and planning process.
- Serve as an informal Jewish educator; in conjunction with the Arts educator and the educational theme of the summer help transmit content appropriate Jewish values, teachings, text and messages.
Designated Supervisor: Department Head and Unit Head